.Net Interview Questions
This comprehensive guide has three sets of important .Net questions and answers: Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced.
Read, learn, practice and prepare yourself with these sure-shot .Net interview questions to crack your next interview for an .Net developer job.
Introduction - .Net Interview Questions and Answers
We have compiled the top .Net interview questions and answers for you to prepare for your next interview. We have divided the questions into three categories based on experience.
- .Net Interview Questions for Beginners
- Intermediate .Net Interview Questions
- Advanced .Net Interview Questions
We have selected the most asked .Net questions in any interview. Each of these questions represents some core insights on the .Net programming language.
But first let’s discuss – Why is .Net one of the top programming languages? Why is there high demand for .Net developers? What makes .Net development a competitive job?
Because iOS runs on Apple’s mobile devices, it has the same illustrious lowercase “I” as the firm. iPhones, iPads, and other gadgets are run on iOS. Therefore, whether they work directly for Apple or a third-party tech company, top iOS developers are in charge of creating applications for Apple devices.
Zippia’s extensive research and analysis found the following statistics related to iOS jobs.
- Over 5,786 iOS developers are employed in the country at the moment.
- 86.2% of iOS developers are men, compared to 13.8% of female developers.
- An employed iOS developer is typically 39 years old.
- White people make up the majority (56.0%) of iOS developers, followed by Asians (287.%), Hispanics or Latinos (7.2%), and Black or African Americans (5.1%).
- Atlanta, Georgia, is where iOS developers are most in demand.
- San Francisco, California has the highest average yearly wage in the US at $140,342.
- Women made 93% of what men did in 2021.
- The best state to live in for iOS developers is Oregon.
- Compared to private organisations, public companies employ 61% more iOS developers.
The above statistics prove that iOS is indeed one of the most sought-after programming languages.
Now, let’s learn top interview questions on iOS. Let’s start.
iOS Interview Questions for Beginners
1. How does the .NET framework work?
- Applications built on the.NET framework and written in languages like C#, F#, or Visual Basic are compiled into Common Intermediate Language (CIL).
- The form of saved compiled code is an assembly file with the.dll or.exe file extension.
- When the.NET programme is running, Common Language Runtime (CLR) takes the assembly file and, with the aid of the Just In Time (JIT) compiler, turns the CIL into machine code.
- Now, this machine code can run on the particular computer architecture it is currently executing on.
2. What is CTS?
Common Type System is referred to as CTS. A data type must be declared and utilised in the computer code in accordance with a set of specified rules. All of the data types that will be used in the programme are described using it.
We can create our own classes and functions by following the rules in the CTS. It helps in calling the data type declared in one programming language by other programming languages.
3. Explain CLS
Common Language Specification (CLS), which includes a set of criteria, enables application developers to employ parts that are inter-language compatible. Additionally, it facilitates code reuse across all.NET-compatible languages.
4. What is the difference between int and Int32?
Between int and Int32, there is no distinction. While int is an alias name for Int32 in the C# programming language, Int32 is a type given by the.NET framework class.
5. Explain the differences between value type and reference type.
The main differences between value type and reference type are given below:
- A reference type contains a pointer that contains the address of a different memory location that contains the actual data, whereas a value type holds the data directly within the memory region.
2. Reference type data is stored on the heap memory, whereas value type data is stored on the stack memory.
3. While assigning a reference variable to another makes a second copy of the reference rather than copying the value, doing so with a value type variable copies the value directly.
4. Value types include predefined data types, structures, and enums. Reference types include things like classes, objects, arrays, indexers, interfaces, and more.
6. Explain Microsoft Intermediate Language
The Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL) contains instructions for calling methods, managing memory, saving and initialising data, handling exceptions, and other tasks.
Platform-independent MSIL instructions are produced from the source code by the language-specific compiler. Depending on the requirements, the JIT compiler converts the MSIL into machine code.
7. What is an assembly?
An assembly is a file that the compiler automatically creates that contains a group of types and resources that are designed to cooperate and form a logical unit of functionality. Additionally, we can say that an assembly programme is a compiled piece of code.
Dynamic link libraries (.dll) or executable (.exe) files are used to implement assemblies.
8. Is ASP.NET different from ASP? If yes, explain how?
Yes, there are differences between ASP.NET and ASP (Active Server Pages). Let’s look at how they differ from one another.
- Microsoft Intermediate Language, which is compiled from.NET languages like C# and VB.NET, is used by ASP.NET (MSIL). VBScript is used by ASP. The execution of ASP code involves interpretation.
2. Microsoft’s server-side technology, ASP, is used to generate dynamic web applications, whereas ASP is used to develop web pages.
3. While ASP is just somewhat object-oriented, ASP.NET is completely object-oriented.
4. While ASP lacks built-in support for XML, ASP.NET offers full XML support for simple data interchange.
5. The ADO.NET technology is used by ASP.NET to connect to and interact with databases. ADO technology is used by ASP.
9. Explain role-based security in .NET
Based on the responsibilities given to users in the business, role-based security is used to establish security mechanisms in.NET. In the company, user authorization is done in accordance with their duties.
Windows, for instance, has role based access like administrators, users, and visitors.
10. What is caching?
Caching means temporarily storing the data in memory so that a programme can quickly access it there rather than having to look for it elsewhere. It boosts an application’s performance effectiveness and speed.
There are three types of caching:
- Page caching
- Data caching
- Fragment caching
Intermediate .NET Interview Questions
As an .NET developer, with experience you will be able to answer .NET interview questions for freshers with much ease. In this section we have collected some .NET tricky interview questions for you. This section will help you with the exact kind of Intermediate .NET Interview Questions that you may face in your job hunt.
1. What is a delegate in .NET?
Delegates are.NET objects that define method signatures and have the ability to accept functions as parameters.
Delegate always directs the user to a method that exactly matches its signature. In a delegate object, users can include a method reference.
The referenced method will be called by the delegate object when it is sent to the programme. We can use delegate to add a unique event to a class.
2. What is MIME in .NET?
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions is what MIME stands for. It is the e-mail protocol’s extension that enables users to quickly share files through emails.
To identify a web transfer as a MIME transaction, servers add the MIME header at the beginning of the transmission.
The clients then make use of this header to choose an appropriate “player” for the data type that the header denotes. The web browser includes a few of these players by default.
3. Explain different types of cookies available in ASP.NET?
The following are the two types of cookies available in ASP.NET:
Session Cookie: It is valid for the duration of the user’s current session while it is stored on the client computer.
Persistent Cookie: It stays on the user’s computer until the time that is set for its expiration. The time frame could be an hour, day, month, or never.
4. What is the meaning of CAS in .NET?
To restrict unauthorised access to programmes and resources during runtime, Code Access Security (CAS) is required. It is intended to address the problems encountered with receiving code from outside sources, which may have bugs and security holes that leave the user’s system open to attack.
It can only perform certain functions because CAS only gives it partial access to the code, not full access. CAS developed a part of the native.NET security architecture.
5. What are the types of memories supported in the .NET framework?
There are two different types of memories in.NET. As follows:
Stack: A stored-value type called stack keeps track of where each running thread is at all times. It is employed for allocating static memory.
Heap: The more exact objects or data are tracked by the heap, a stored reference type. It is applied to the allocation of dynamic memory.
Advanced .NET Interview Questions
It provides powerful utilities to work with the asynchronous process under different use cases.
1. How to manage callback hell using Async.js
The process of adapting our application to the local culture and environment is known as localization.
Designing an application to support different languages allows it to be utilized by users from all over the world, a process known as globalization.
2. What are MDI and SDI?
The.NET Core’s run-time execution engine is called CoreCLR. Low-level classes, a garbage collector, a JIT compiler, and rudimentary data types make up this system. .NET Core is a modular implementation of.NET that may serve as the foundation layer for a wide variety of scenarios, from cloud-based web apps to console utilities.
Here, several programming languages will be translated into Common Intermediate Language (CIL) code using the appropriate compilers (Roslyn can translate both C# and VB code as it has C# and VB compilers). This CIL code is translated into native machine code when the application is put into use by a JIT compiler that is part of CoreCLR. Many different operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and others, support this CoreCLR.
3. What is CoreFx?
CoreFX is the set of class library implementations for .NET Core. It includes collection types, console, file systems, XML, JSON, async, etc. It is platform-neutral code, which means it can be shared across all platforms. Platform-neutral code is implemented in the form of a single portable assembly that can be used on all platforms.
4. What do you mean by dynamic dispatch?
Dynamic dispatch is the process by which a software decides which implementation of a certain method or function it needs to call at runtime. When a subclass overrides a method of its superclass, dynamic dispatch determines whether to invoke the subclass implementation of the method or the parents.
We hope these .NET interview questions and answers will be of great assistance to you throughout the process, whether you’re a developer getting ready for an interview or a hiring manager looking for the best applicant.
Remember that the hiring process involves more than just technical expertise. To ensure that you land a high paying .NET developer job, both previous experience and soft skills are crucial.
A lot of the .NET interview questions are open-ended, so keep that in mind. Interviewers are interested in your reasoning, not just the answer you memorised. Always be ready for follow-up questions regarding how you arrived at your answer. Describe your thought process.
Good luck with your upcoming .NET interview! You can go through our .NET developers jobs here.