.NET is a free and open-source software framework for Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems. It is a cross-platform successor to .NET Framework. The project is primarily developed by Microsoft employees by way of the .NET Foundation. .NET is one of the best platforms primarily focussing on building robust, secure, and scalable web or desktop applications.
Now, let us discuss in detail about the features of the .NET framework.
1. Open-Source Framework
– Right now .NET is popular among developers because it is free and open source.
– Massive community support leads to faster development.
– .NET upgrades are regular on time and no need to wait for it.
2. Cross-platform support
– It comes with Visual Studio IDE which enables you to create web apps on any preferred operating system.
– It includes independent packaging and installation.
– Applications developed by using .NET will function properly and seamlessly on different platforms such as Linux and Mac OS.
3. Top programming features
– Its programming features help easily and quickly to create powerful and contemporary Web apps. Such programming features are
– Automated memory management
– Garbage collection
– Package management
– Language independent
– Development of RESTful APIs and MVC web apps
4. Quality performance
– It is one of the powerful and quickest frameworks.
– It provides performance, scalability, flexibility and many more which helps in maintaining the app easily, offers effectiveness, reuse programming codes etc.
– Developers get to use optimization tools and core libraries.
5. Wonderful developer tools
– Tools like JetBrains, ReSarper makes it easier to create,test, and implement different types of applications.
– .NET supports Microsoft Visual Studio which is one of the best IDE, helps in debugging, profiling, code completion, unit testing, GIT integration and many more.
6. Flexible Deployment of Applications
– Developers have options to deploy apps in various ways such as Framework-dependent deployment and Self-contained deployment.
Now that you’re familiar with .NET’s basic features, let us discuss some it’s advantages.
1. Better UI Controls
.NET platform offers rich user interface (UI) controls and also supports third party UI controls such as Telerik
It has a built-in Windows authentication system, which is used for securing applications and also has cryptography classes for securing data with encryption/decryption.
3. MVC Architecture
MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture offers the advantage of structured code due to its SoC (Separation of Concerns) approach. It is easier to integrate with client side tools for faster development.
.NET comes with powerful, easy-to-use tools that offer developers with an empowering mindset to solve problems for different types of applications without facing any limitations of a specific language. For a reliable application with superior performance for your business, .NET is a best option.
How Greenhouse gained flexibility to handle product development shifts with Optymize.
How Limeade avoided costly hiring mistakes by partnering with Optymize.Read More
How Skyword bypassed the competition and augmented teams with optymize.
Our team will get in touch with you to walk you through what’s next.
You can find more info on our website and social pages.